"Hello world!" -introductions

Share who you are and what your interests are for this community here!

I’m in my early 30s, father of two little kids, living in Bern - Weissenstein. Programmer by trade, self-employed. I started coding (on an Apple II, later IBM-PC with an Intel 80286) when I was about 9 years old, growing up in Canada - and got hooked! A couple of years ago I made an iOS kids game with two adult friends, and would love to make more such things for and with kids. A few of my less polished fun projects are here and here. I’m one of the people behind SoDa, as I write about on my personal blog and the soda.camp blog. Pleased to meet you :slight_smile:

My first “hello world” looked like:

10 PRINT "Hello, World!"

These days it’s usually something like:

console.log("Hello, World!");

echo “Hello, World!”

Ich bin Linuxfan und Opensource-Enthusiast… Mein erstes Hello World war ebenfalls in Basic, gefolgt von einer Turtle, die via Logo Pirouetten dreht.

Als Jugendlicher organisierte ich nach den ersten häuslichen LAN-Parties mit Freunden ( Team · nws.lanparties der zweite von rechts) und anderen Teams Veranstaltungen im grösseren Rahmen. Inzwischen geniesse ich es eher ab- und zu an einer Demoscene - Wikipedia teilzunehmen.

Aktuell bin ich beruflich in der praktischen Medienbildung aktiv: LabSpace | PHBern

… und freue mich am Festival of Code mithelfen zu können.

Hi All,
Have just started to program and keen to learn as much as possible. Have been learning Python and some command line to interface with my Raspberry pi for fun- ended up learning about networks and generating keys for remote access.

Also started learning R because the syntax is more natural to me than other languages that I have come across and it is open source with a community of people constantly adding new resources and packages to expand functionality.