Following our Data Expedition 015 we would like to use the upcoming weekend meeting at the Brache to collect interesting data from local residents at an upcoming community event (see 20 Minuten for some background).
It would be interesting to work out what „connects“ the people of Holligen, by asking very simple questions like: what kind of food do they like? What kind of place to meet would they like? Where do they actually meet? How often if ever do they talk to a neighbour of another building?
@martinaka visited the Quartierbüro in Holligen and talked with social workers there about interesting topics to start the list of themes/questions below:
- There is relatively little communal feeling in the neighbourhood (Quartier Holligen). People have very different backgrounds, and lots of them don’t really know their neighbours.
- One reason for this is that there are nearly no meeting points in the neighbourhood (parks, cafés, so on…)
- Which leads us again to the rare gastronomic offer here (as we wrote in our blog)
- Rental: In Holligen there are still a lot of „cheap“ rents. But there are only small apartments from 2-3.5 rooms. For families it can be quite difficult to find a place here. (Hence the cooperative housing initiative at Warmbächli)
- Holligen will change a lot in the next few years. Probably some buildings will be renovated - and the rents will probably increase. What kind of building do the people in Holligen would like to have on the Brache?